Gateways for Early Educators™
CCALA is committed to the growth and development of the child care workforce in Los Angeles County. CCALA member agencies work with over 18,000 licensed and unlicensed child care providers throughout Los Angeles County and provide over 500 training workshops to more than 2,000 early care and education providers annually.
Gateways for Early Educators™ is the integrated, research-based professional development system of the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles Resource & Referral agencies.
Gateways for Early Educators™ program includes:
- Comprehensive training program with 12 curriculum topic areas aligned with the California Competencies
- Gateways Training Passport and Award of Achievement after 48 hours of training
- Individualized Quality and Career Coaching offered at each R&R
- Links to higher education
- Inclusive educational and training pathways
- A county-wide training calendar to easily locate training workshops at any CCALA agency
The Gateways coaching model supports the implementation of knowledge into practice. Sustainable change in practice and quality improvement requires one-on-one individualized support.
- Quality Coaching – site-based support to integrate theory into practice. Coaching focuses on improving child care quality including interactions with children, supporting children’s growth and development, and improving child care environments.
- Career Coaching – Helps providers attain educational or professional development goals. A coach helps reduce barriers that limit access to higher education or professional development opportunities.
Through coaching and training, the CCALA member R&R and AP agencies are helping all early care and education providers offer high quality child care and strive towards their professional goals. To learn more about the training or coaching program, connect with your local R&R agency or contact the Child Care Alliance at 323-274-1380.
“With the support and guidance of my coach, I have become more confident and dedicated to provide quality care. Parents and providers come to me for help and guidance. I have become a strong leader in my community.”
“I was able to obtain 15 units at AV College and an Associate Degree in Child Development. I feel like a professional thanks to my Gateways Coach.”
For more information visit: http://www.ceo.lacounty.gov/ccp/rtelcg.html