Legislative Links & Resources
Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
- First 5 LA
- Los Angeles County Office of Child Care
- Los Angeles Universal Preschool
State of California
- California State Budget & Governor’s Office: Link to information about the California State budget.
- California State Legislature: Obtain information on legislation discussed or being discussed by the Senate and Assembly
- California Department of Education, Early Education Support Division: Learn more about all the programs the California Department of Education oversees, as well as the policies that govern the implementation of services and programs.
- California Department of Social Services: Obtain information and policies on the CalWORKs program in California.
- California Legislative Analyst’s Office: Provides fiscal and policy advice to the California Legislature.
- California Budget Project: An independent organization that monitors and analyzes California budget issues and proposals to improve the lives of low-and middle-income Californians.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Learn more about programs and policies that support early education and child care programs in California.
- U.S. House of Representatives: Learn more about your local congressional representatives and find information about current and past legislation being considered.
- U.S. Senate: Learn more about the activities and legislation of the U.S. Senate.
- The Congressional Research Service (CRS): Works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation.
- The White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB): OMB works with Congress on congressional appropriations, authorizing, and budgeting processes to enact the President’s Budget and legislative proposals. OMB coordinates the Administration’s proposed legislation, testimony, reports, and other documents to ensure consistency with Administration policies, including the President’s Budget.